Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Motions

Often when I'm getting ready for school in the morning, I'll turn on my radio. At least once in the course of the day, KLOVE will play "The Motions" by Matthew West:
This might hurt

It’s not safe

But I know that I’ve gotta make a change

I don’t care

If I break

At least I’ll be feeling something

‘Cause just ok

Is not enough

Help me fight through the nothingness of life


I don’t wanna go through the motions

I don’t wanna go one more day

Without Your all consuming passion inside of me

I don’t wanna spend my whole life asking

What if I had given everything?

Instead of going through the motions


No regrets

Not this timeI’m gonna let my heart defeat my mind

Let Your love

Make me whole

I think I’m finally feeling something


Take me all the way

Take me all the way

Take me all the way


I don't know about you all, but for me, when school and life and family get busy, it's too easy to just go through the motions, whether it's praying, reading my Bible, or really fellowshipping with God. A classmate of mine recently spoke about this song during devotions one day, and it really hit home. God should be first, not second or third or fourth! Especially growing up in a Christian home, attending church every Sunday, and going to a Christian school, it's so easy to go through the motions. But that is not what God has called me, or you, to. We are not to be complacent as Christians. No passivity. Not just motions. We need to be active.

No comments: