Saturday, June 20, 2009

Hee hee!

As I hope you have noticed, in the "Welcome!" section of my blog, I tell you I'll try to get you to try new things, laugh, etc. This post falls in the "laugh" category, I hope!

Somehow, probably playing badminton on the front lawn, I pulled something across the back of my knee. After a few days of hobbling around and getting sympathetic looks from my family because of the noises I was making, I started putting ice on my knee, elevating it, and resting it. (RICE: rest, ice, compression, and elevation.) I also have wrapped it in an Ace bandage the last two days, and I have decided to play a slightly mean trick on some friends this evening. Our church group is meeting tonight, and when people ask me about my knee, I am going to say,
"I went to the zoo this week, and an elephant kicked me."
It is completely ridiculous, but I figure I'll try it! If you read this post this afternoon, please give me your animal ideas. Like "I went to the zoo this week, and a(n)_________ kicked me." Just put it in Comments. Thanks, and I'll let you know how it turns out!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

YOu could say you fell off of a camel.... or.... someone pushed you in with the lions

Anonymous said...

You could say the elephant thing OR you entered one of their "WRESTLE WITH A BEAR" contest and.... well - let's just say you didn't win...

Katie said...

sorry about the injury! You should say that a kangaroo kicked you.

Livvy said...

Thanks, everyone! Some of my friends did fall for it, but only for a second! I'm doing much better. :)