Thursday, June 18, 2009

~Movie Review - "Crossfire Trail"~

My mom recently joined Netflix, so we've been getting some interesting movies. We got one this week, Crossfire Trail, a western, which is about a man named Rafe Covington who promises his dying friend that he will watch over the dead man's ranch and his wife. What Rafe doesn't count on is that the town hotshot is also after the ranch and the wife. The movie ends in a showdown where the good guys ultimately win. After every book and movie I read/watch, I've been trying to assess/review them. I would give Crossfire Trail probably a 3-3.5 out of 5 stars. I think the main problem of the movie was the fact that they did not, in my opinion, develop the female lead enough, so it lacked some emotion. I would still recommend it as a good movie to anyone who enjoys relatively clean (we did need the "fast forward" button once.) westerns, where good triumphs over evil.

5 comments:

Katherine said...

That does sound like and interesting movie... It also sounds like a Roy Rogers movie, but thanks for telling me!

Katherine said...

*and = an

Livvy said...

Yes, it was pretty good! :)

Katie said...

I didn't know you joined Netflix! so did we!

Livvy said...

Netflix really is a creative idea, and I enjoy being able to watch movies on the computer, too! Ev and I have been watching one TV show from when Mom was a kid! How long has your family been a member?