Thursday, June 18, 2009

More Latin!

It's now been roughly three weeks since Ev and I started Latin, and since we are covering two chapters this week, I decided to make my own Concentration game. I ended up making two: one for his Chapter 5 words and one for his Chapter 14 words. We've had a lot of fun playing the games, although I've won every game, so Ev is not very happy about that. But he enjoys it more than flash cards, and it's the same basic principle! Tomorrow I am going to review everything he's learned so far before we move on. It is really nice to have a "student" with a brain like a sponge! I also encourage you; if you have a sibling that struggles in something you are good at, or if they just need a hand getting ready for next school year's classes, help them! It's a rewarding experience to watch someone you are helping get really good at something, even if you're just there to encourage them! (Here are some pictures of one of the Concentration games. I apologize for the blurriness.)

















2 comments:

Katherine said...

Wow! I didn't know you liked Latin that much! To tell you the truth, I can't stand it, but that really is great that you are teaching your brother and he is learning so much!

Livvy said...

Weeelll, it's really because I've had more Latin then Mom, and that I've done the Red book before at Paideia that I'm tutoring him. I don't mind it too much though, and I am getting paid since I'm a tutor. That is a very good incentive!