Thursday, October 15, 2009

October Reading List

I have seen this done on another blog (link), and I thought it looked like a nifty idea. Every month, I'll post and give small reviews on books I have read during that specific month. Some months will obviously have more than others, since school keeps me pretty busy. So, I now present my reading list for the month of October (thus far).

  • Ella Enchanted by Gail Carson Levine. An interesting remake of the traditional story, Cinderella. This book is well-written and fast-paced. Mrs. Levine does an excellent job of creating believable characters, while still including the small amount of magic necessary for any fairy tale.
  • Nancy Drew by Carolyn Keene. I've been reading various books in this series, both from the new and the old. Although not the best writing, reading Nancy Drew gives me a break from other more studious requirements.
  • The Bible (NIV). In Spiritual Life I, we do three Bible readings a week. Right now, we're going through Philippians and Psalms.

Not much else, but then, it's only October 15! What are you reading?

2 comments:

Katherine said...

Hey Livvy! Thanks for posting! At one point, I was really into Nancy Drew books, but now I don't really read them anymore... probably because we only have like one! ;p But I do like them as well as the Hardy Boys... I am also reading from the Bible, of course! (which I love - i am going through 1 John and Psalms) I picked up a book by John Piper about 3 days ago and now I'm very glad I did! I really like the book: don't waste your life!

Livvy said...

Hi Katherine! I'm not into ND as much as I used to be; the writing style isn't catching my attention as much. I'll have to look at that John Piper book. It sounds great!