Thursday, September 24, 2009

Back to 1st Grade....

Yesterday, I was able to go back to my old school and spend the day with 16 first graders! It was so much fun! The day started out with lots of stares from the students at Paideia Academy since I was wearing my uniform for Berean (where I am now). I also felt so old! My brother's class, seventh grade, is the oldest there, and since I'm in highschool... Well, you get the idea. Through the day, I sorted papers, graded papers, copied papers, cleaned bleeding mosquito bites, dried off a locker, cleaned up popcorn and pretzels, helped build pyramids, helped with spelling, read, and washed desks. It was fun, but a lot of work. One little boy, during lunch, popped his popcorn bag, and it opened from the bottom! I also had to walk all sixteeen kids to a potty break, which was actually really exhausting. It was hard to keep them all in a straight line, and quiet. Actually, it was impossible! But it was good. Hopefully I can do it again sometime. :)

No comments: