Saturday, September 12, 2009

My Reading Corner....

One of my favorite past times is reading. Being a writer as well, I'm always on the lookout for good books! Here are some books that I've read within the past month or two that I would recommend:
  • Princess Academy by Shannon Hale. This story is wonderful! There's just enough reality to the book that you don't question the fantastical parts. :)
  • Ranger's Apprentice: Siege of Macindaw by John Flanagan. Again, a fictitious book. The Ranger's Apprentice series are among some of the most well-written books I've ever read. Definitely a worthwhile read.
  • Homeless Bird by Gloria Whelan. Set in India, Homeless Bird is the story of a young girl who is married off at a very young age. I'm in the process of rereading this book, and I'm enjoying it tremendously.
  • Ryan White: My Own Story by Ryan White. I've already written about this book, but it's worth posting again! This was my favorite summer reading book, and an inspiring story of a teenage boy with hemophilia and AIDS. *Please be warned that there is a little bit of rude language in it: bad names, etc.*
  • Fair Weather by Richard Peck. Absolutely one of the most hilarious books ever written!! If you want a laugh, read this story! Other Richard Peck books that are good for laughter are A Long Way from Chicago and A Year Down Yonder.

That's what has been on my shelf recently! I'll try to post the books I'm reading every month for all to see!

No comments: