Sunday, May 31, 2009

Summer Languages

This summer I have been made tutor to my brother for Latin. On Saturday, we started, and thankfully, it all came back. After all, being the tutor, it's good to have a better understanding of the language than your student does! We read through the grammar, covered and copied all the vocabulary - 27 new words for Ev -, had a quiz -yeah, yeah, I'm a tough teacher -, and then he studied, studied, studied. We have 9 weeks to get through 12 lessons, including 3rd declension nouns: three chapters of them! I also am hoping to keep up with Spanish over the summer. Gulp!

2 comments:

Katherine said...

WOW! You really have been tutoring your brother in Latin... That does sound like alot of work for a little bit of time! Have fun with your Spanish!

Livvy said...

Yes, it is going to be quite a process! I'm hoping to be finished with our first chapter tomorrow or maybe even Thursday. Thanks for commenting!