Saturday, November 21, 2009

Complines II

Saturday -- The Patrick Compline
*In the name of the King of life;
in the name of the Christ of love;
in the name of the Holy Spirit:
the Triune of my strength.
*I love you, O Lord my strength.
The Lord is my rock,
my fortress and my deliverer.
My God is my rock
in whom I take refuge.
*I will praise the Lord who counsels me;
even at night my heart instructs me.
*I have set the Lord always before me.
Because He is at my right hand,
I shall not be shaken.
*I am placing my soul and my body
under Thy guarding this night, O Christ.
May Thy cross this night be shielding me.
*Into Your hands I commit my spirit;
redeem me, O Lord, the God of Truth.
*The God of life with guarding hold you;
the living Christ with guarding fold you;
the Holy Sprit, guarding, mould you;
each night of life to aid, enfold you;
each day and night of life uphold you.
*May God shield me;
may God fill me;
may God keep me;
may God watch me;
may God bring me this night
to the nearness of His lvoe.
*The peace of the Father of joy,
the peace of the Christ of hope,
the peace of the Spirit of grace,
*the peace of all peace
be mine this night
in the name of the Father,
and of the Son,
and of the Holy Spirit.
Amen.

2 comments:

KJL said...

That is a very beautiful prayer: thanks for sharing... and if you think of it, please pray for my Geography Project tomorrow!

Livvy said...

I will pray; hope it goes well!