Monday, November 2, 2009

New books to read!

As a very critical reader/writer, I am always on the lookout for good literature! With this mind set, I've decided to go through most, if not all, of Jane Austen's work, as well as Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte, on the recommendation of a friend. (Thanks, Katus!) I just got Persuasion, Emma, and Jane Eyre out from the library, and I'm going to start reading one of them tonight. So don't be surprised if a few book reviews start popping up the next week or few! (Any good book recommendations from my readers? Let me know please!)

10 comments:

Katie said...

Oh! That's so exciting! You'll love them!

Livvy said...

Thanks for your recommendations too, Katie! I started "Emma" last night, but I think I may switch to "Jane Eyre." :)

Katherine said...

Hey, Olivia! That's great that you are starting read a lot of those books - I haven't read any! :D I took the Jane Austin test (who am i...) as best I could (i didnt answer the one about who the movie would be by) and I got Elinor Dashwood too!

Livvy said...

Cool! Have you ever seen the movie of Pride and Prejudice?

Katherine said...

Yes, I have - and I love it! I've seen two of them: one that's like 2-3 hours long (i dont remember it) and then we own the 5 hour version... Which have you seen?

Livvy said...

I've seen (and own) both! They really are the best! I meant to writer "Sense and Sensibility". Have you seen that one?

Katherine said...

So, I took the test again once I knew what more of the words meant :D and I am now Elizabeth Bennett. That's great that you own both of the movies! And, yes, I have seen Sense and Sensibility - we own it...

Katie said...

I took the quiz and was Marianne Dashwood.

Katie said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jennifer said...

I love Jane Austen! I actually have read five (Northanger Abbey, Mansfield Park, Pride and Prejudice, Persuasion, and Emma) of her six (only Sense and Sensibility left!). Definitely a good choice.

I really liked A Tale of Two Cities by Charles Dickens and Lord of the Flies by William Golding. Two very different books...