Friday, November 20, 2009

Hand Care

Even in Tenessee, the winters can get cold. My hands crack badly, and last year my mom gave me a helpful tip, so I thought I'd share it with you! The secret: olive oil and salt. No, I'm not kidding. Pour a small amount of salt into your hand, and pour a tablespoon or so of oil on top (doesn't need to be exact). Rub it around on your hands for a minute or two, but be forewarned: it will tickle! Use just enough water to get the salt off, and then pat your hands dry with a paper towel. Your hands will feel soft and hopefully won't crack as much.

2 comments:

Katherine said...

Thanks for the tip, Livvy! My hands get somewhat chapped during the winter time also, but I will definitely tell my friend (who get chapped hands REALLY badly) what you suggested...

Livvy said...

You're welcome!