Thursday, April 9, 2009

Dog Washing!

For weeks, Mom has been complaining about Bono's Stench - with a capital "S!" It was a perfect day for dog washing today, so I decided to bite the proverbial bullet and get it done. After fifteen minutes of trying to hook up the hose (don't ask me why it wouldn't work!), and assembling the necessary items - such as shampoo, towels, the hose, and a pair of disposable gloves (the need for which I leave to your imagination), I got Bono out of the house. Big mistake! For, at that exact moment, one Great Dane and one Chow scrambled across our neighbors' yard, and Bono decided to go play. Of course, I hollered for him to come back and ran across the street and finally got him back in our yard to begin the dog washing. Today was one of Bono's few-and-far-between ornery days. He would not stand still; he shook all over me, on purpose I think!; he tried to roll in the grass; he wouldn't stay long enough for me to turn the hose off; he knocked the shampoo bottle over; that's to name a few! Below are some pictures of Bono once he finally quit being ornery; after the bath was finished of course!







5 comments:

Katherine said...

Hey Olivia! I know exactly what you mean about how hard it was to give your dog a bath! It is the same way for Daisy! I like the pictures... :)

Livvy said...

Hey, Katherine! Oh, how's Daisy doing with the new fence? Thanks for commenting!

Katie said...

Poor Bono! The pictures are adorable!

Katherine said...

She's doing pretty good with it... She won't go very near the flags at all! Which is good...

Livvy said...

To Arwen: Yes, he was pretty miserable, and shunned me the rest of the day! I'm glad you liked the pictures; I got them during one of the few times he stayed!

To Katherine: I'm glad Daisy is doing so well!