Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Sick

After avoiding a cold through all the winter months, I finally got one. While being sick is absolutely no fun, I've gotten to watch a couple of really good movies: Middlemarch and Daniel Deronda. Both are books by George Eliot, the pseudonym of a woman, now adapted into movies. One thing I greatly admire about both these movies is the fact that they've got the most perfect cast! If the character was supposed to be fawning, or studious, or creepy, or wonderful, then the actor was absolutely terrific in that particular role. It really is a talent to be able to combine actors in such a way that the whole story rings true! Both movies have made me think and think hard, because (one of) the main character in Middlemarch, Dorothea, and also Daniel in Daniel Deronda, deal with finding callings and passions. I've been thinking for quite a while now that it's time for me to branch out on my relationship with Christ more than just through my parents. I mean, I am a Christian, but I want to be a better one, who trusts Him more than I already do and witnesses to people! I want to be a better person, even with my own family, whether it's being nicer to my brother or doing the dishes without being asked! If you get the chance, watch these movies. They are good - and long! And if you do watch them, let me know how you like them!

2 comments:

Katherine said...

I feel the same way about branching out, Olivia.... You're not the only one!

Livvy said...

I'm glad you feel the same way! :)