Sunday, March 1, 2009

Birthday Success!

We had a great morning yesterday, with my mom's birthday & party. In the morning we ate a french toast breakfast and gave presents to Mom. Then we finished decor, and did some whirlwind cleaning and vacuuming, and that ended about 3:20pm. My mom's birthday went really well. Well, mostly it went well. We started making sandwiches at 3:38pm, and Mom's party started at 4:00. Thankfully, the party was an open house, so no one actually arrived at 4:00. Then at 4:30, everyone started arriving at once! I think we had about twenty kids, all in the same room, plus adults in the next room! We kids played a game of "Apples to Apples", and then sat around, trying to come up with something intelligent to say! :) The arrival of dinnertime was met with much rejoicing, and soon food fights and dueling with toothpicks began, in the carpeted living room. One of Mom's friends sang a hilarious song (in the adult room), the guests signed a memory book, and we devoured a delicious cake! But by the end of the evening, I was about ready to scream. Little girls had taken over my room, but only two of them were super annoying. They peered into my junk drawer, my closet, and pushed another young girl off the bed. They left not a moment too soon, and then I spent some time with my brother and two friends, playing the laughing game and talking. The evening ended well, and I'm glad my mom's party was such a success!

2 comments:

Caytlynn said...

I love being one of the last people to leave the house, it means I don't miss much. Those toothpick wars were intense!! Those girls really were annoying! Ugh!

Livvy said...

Yes, they certainly were!!! I'm glad you were able to stay so long! See ya soon!