Monday, March 9, 2009

Skiing!!!

Yes, it's true; I went skiing March 6-8. It was a ton of fun.

First, we went to Paoli/French Lick, Indiana. We went with some of my older siblings that I haven't seen in a while, so that was a lot of fun. The night we got there, we just relaxed and sort of prepared for the next day. We had an good dinner and then roasted marshmellows by a campfire and sat in our own personal hot tub. Lots of cardboard had been packed for the trip because there was a cardboard sled race, and my two brothers were going to enter. (I'll enter pictures of this and other fun happenings later!) Suffice it to say that out of a field of 9 sleds plus, there were 6 sleds in front of them. Still, they had fun!

We also had a great time on Saturday afternoon. Simon, my brother-in-law, taught us a bunch of really cool magic tricks, which we then performed on anyone who happened to pass by! We also went and fed a ton of carrots to some horses. The general favorite horses were Clyde, a horse with a bunch of attitude, and Sable, a black mare Percheron. We also celebrated Feb./Mar. birthdays that night, since out of 9 people, 4 of us had birthdays in those months! That was fun, and we got to eat chocolate cake!

Sunday, we slowly(because of the time change), managed to get ready. Muffins and eggs spurred us on! Then we went and explored the woods in the ranch and discovered some garter snakes, which some of us held. That was our Sunday excitement, and then the families parted and went our various ways. It was a ton of fun! Thanks all, for a wonderful weekend!!! :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Livvy,

It was a total blast! We both had a great time although Kim still rues that she couldn't get on a snowboard with her ankle. I'm all for making it an annual event! Love, Jeremy.

P.S. I'll get the pics online this weekend!

Livvy said...

Jeremy!

It was totally awesome!! I'm sorry Kim couldn't get out on the snow either; maybe next time! I think making a family trip (whether to Paoli or anywhere else) an annual event is a wonderful idea! Talk to you soon, and tell Kim and your dogs hi for me please! Love, Livvy

P.S. Can't wait to see the pictures!